The Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens squad for round two of the HSBC Sevens World Series in Cape Town has been named with only one change to the starting side with Tim Anstee returning home with injury.
Being added to the squad is Tom Connor, who swaps directly with Anstee and will earn his seventh Aussie Sevens cap in South Africa.
The Aussie Men’s Sevens team will be looking for improvement after their fourth-place finish in Dubai last weekend, as the hunt for valuable Series points continues in round two.
The top four teams at the conclusion of the HSBC Sevens World Series will earn automatic qualification for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Australia will face Wales, Canada and Scotland in Pool D, in front of a sold-out crowd at Cape Town Sevens.
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Head Coach Tim Walsh said: “This week for us has been about our mental and physical preparation and making sure we get the right combination of recovery and training after a big first round in Dubai.
“Wales, Canada and Scotland present us three teams with three different styles of Rugby, so our focus is on each moment of each game first and foremost.”
Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Fixtures, Cape Town
Saturday 8 December
Australia v Wales, 7.37pm AEDT
Australia v Canada, 10.58pm AEDT
Sunday 9 December
Australia v Scotland, 2.19am AEDT
1.Lewis Holland (c), Queanbeyan, 39 caps
2. Jesse Parahi (vc), Norths (Sydney), 41 caps
3. Nick Malouf (vc), 23 caps
4. Ben O’Donnell, Randwick, 10 caps
5. John Porch, Norths (Sydney), 18 caps
6. Michael Wells, Norths (Sydney), 3 caps
7. Liam McNamara, Sunnybank, 9 caps
8. Tom Connor, Warringah, 6 caps
9. Boyd Killingworth, Warringah, 19 caps
10. Maurice Longbottom, Lloyd McDermott Rugby Development Team, 8 caps
11. Henry Hutchison, Randwick, 17 caps
12. Lachie Anderson, Eastwood, 17 caps
13. Brandon Quinn, Gordon, 8 caps