Important information for Temporary Work Visas within Australia.
Temporary Work Visa Applications
Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 408) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis via-Sport stream:
- To improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition with Australian residents
- To participate in a specific event / series of events as an individual or as part of a team or its support staff
- To play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract
- Judge or adjudicate a sporting competition or show.
Letter of Endorsement
Nominations for Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 408) in Sport stream will require an accompanying letter of endorsement from the respective Australian national sporting body.
Rugby Australia will only endorse nominations under Temporary Work visa (subclass 408) in Sport stream to “play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract”, where, in the assessment of Rugby AU:
- The Nominated Person, has the ability to play, coach or instruct at the Australian national level
- The Nominated Person, will benefit the sport in Australia through their participation in that sport.
It is important to note that the letter of endorsement from the Australian National Sporting Organisation is the only component involved in the process completed by Rugby Australia.The Department of Immigration and Citizenship will require the submission of additional forms and before a visa application can be made.
Further visa information and visa options should be directed to Department of Immigration and Border Protection at www.immi.gov.au.
Apply for a Rugby AU Letter of Endorsement here and provide supporting evidence of eligibility and required documentation to:
Administrator, Community Rugby
Rugby Australia PO BOX 800 Surry Hills NSW 2010
T: +61 2 8005 5555